Your conscience can rest easy knowing that you are making the responsible choice by booking at Hadley’s Orient Hotel, Hobart.
Management of Hadley’s Orient Hotel, Hobart believe that as a successful and mature business, we have a responsibility to provide support and assistance to the broader local community. We accept the challenge to consider our corporate social responsibility in all relevant aspects of our operation.
We recognise that caring for our environment is directly linked to overall needs of our guests, staff and community. Our aim is to incorporate products and services of the highest quality whilst minimising harm to the environment.
Operationally, our environmental considerations are a significant part of our business; as such we have implemented the following environmental statement:
Hadley’s Orient Hotel, Hobart is committed to the implementation of proactive measures to help protect and sustain the local, national and global environment for future generations. Our aim is to:
- Fully comply with the law, current legislation and regulations and to take a proactive approach to future legal requirement and obligations
- Seek to conserve natural resources by ensuring the responsible use of energy, water and materials whilst still providing the quality of service expected by our guests
- Employ local people wherever possible
- Encourage all employees to work in an environmentally responsible manner
- Set objectives that will regularly be revisited with the aim of continual improvement by reducing, re-using and recycling in areas such as: water consumption, waste minimisation and energy consumption
- Gain support from our customers and ensure they are made aware of our environmental policy
- Source products that have minimal environmental impact. These include items such as packaging,
recyclable products, local sourcing of services and products and energy efficient appliances
- Work with our suppliers and contractors to ensure they are made aware of our policy and that they have compatible policies for managing their impact on the environment
- Provide all of our employees with the information, instructions and training necessary to fulfill this policy
- Regularly conduct reviews to ensure hotel operations remain compliant with this policy and re-set or revise policy to ensure continual improvement
What can you do to help?
We view the road to environmental sustainability as a journey and invite you to share the experience with us. By making positive choices during your stay in at Hadley’s Orient Hotel, Hobart, you can help look after Tasmania and the environment. Please consider the following:
- Eat local, buy local, see local. Support local producers and services – this way your visit has a real benefit to the community of Hobart;
- Switch off the lights and any electrical appliances when you leave the room;
- Breathe fresh air, open your windows and give the air-conditioning a rest;
- Reduce water wastage by reusing your towels. Only towels placed in the bath or shower will be replaced;
- Minimise waste – any unwanted, unopened non-perishables may be left in your room or at Reception and will be distributed to local charities such as Ronald McDonald House, The Salvation Army and Hobart City Mission;
- Walk, cycle or use public transport. Walking and cycling are great ways to see the area without increasing pollution or traffic. For information on public transport, cycle tours and hire please see reception.